Saturday, May 21, 2011

How are you today?

I've recently bought myself a small start-up set of cards to use in therapeutic work with clients.

Well, that's the cover story.

As a student social worker, beginning to conceptualise exactly how I might use my future degree, I have been particularly drawn to the use of visual tools. I first came across these when we were shown Bear Cards last year in our training to teach protective behaviours on the Lands.

The little bears appealed to me straight away. In fact, I wanted a set just for me. To play with on my own, ruminating indulgent self-contemplation.

My Bear cards arrived last week. Along with a man in a bathtub out at sea (Ups and Downs), strengths cards for kids (I have Eleanor as an excuse to purchase these), the Cars 'R Us set (lots of fun on four and sometimes more wheels), some Lost in Normality cards (because that sounds like my existential dilemma), and a Growing Well set (who doesn't want that?).

I might have gone a little overboard... but hey, I have a great card that shows that feeling now!

Here's how I am feeling today, in bears:

2 comments:

Olive said...

Love them. They made me smile.

Julie Weber said...

Curiosity or confusion?