Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bellwether

The wind is filled with rage and sadness tonight. A little girl is dead. Found too late.

As I listen to the wind battling outside, battering the house, I recall my fleeting thoughts on funeral days. How the weather seems to carry grief and sadness too. How a still morning suddenly turns, and we feel the animate earth rise around us. Sudden rain, hot wind, a dust storm.

So too is today. A day of gathering clouds. Of events unfolding on fateful tracks. Her family's grief unleashed.

There is a deep connection here between spirit, earth and people. Somehow it seems possible to be true.

Her spirit picked up and her story told, in more ways than one.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Was thinking of you and your community when this story unfolded. I prayed for a different outcome but it was not to be. I hope there is healing for all involved.