Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Comments enabled

After reading my latest post, Fred tells me that I have forgotton to include a few of his produce. Cauliflower, swiss chard, oregano, bok choy, mint and silverbeet. You'll appreciate now why it's been hard to keep up with production. He also wants more current photos of the backyard, featuring his ingenious shade cover. "You should have mentioned it was 44 degrees in the shade this weekend". 

So, on a related point, comments on this blog are now enabled. They always have been, but some followers were experiencing problems. I drew on the resources of the world wide web, casting my problem out to users more experienced than I. DarkStar answered the call, gave me some handy tips and did a test run. And, just to prove it, I had my first comment from a stranger, who I think is based in the Netherlands.

This little post is a call for feedback - if you like what you're reading, let me know and let others know too! I'm planning to go viral... (just like the garden).

2 comments:

Olive said...

I like what I'm reading !! The only reason that I've not left any comments before is, I feel a tad lacking in my ability to write as good a story as you do.
Your blogs bring the outback to life. I have a longing to return some day.
Tell Fred that Tangelos, oranges and figs grow wonderfully in the virgin desert sands, they only need water and a bucketful or two of camel dung.I suppose it depends on how long you intend to stay in the same community.

Rocky said...

Yes, I'm very impressed with Fred's veggie garden and the shade cloth cover. It has given me a few ideas of my own- although the task of beginning all over again with the veggie garden at present does seem rather daunting given the temperature out here in the desert. The problem is one needs to get up super early to work in the cooler hours or wait until late in the evening when I am usually reclining on my lazy boy!!! Think I might just wait for the temperature to drop a little. Many thanks though for the organic garden goodies, we made a delicious thai stir fry with the spinach, capsicum, tomatoes, carrots and rocket. Very yummy. Before Xmas we were eating hordes of your cherry tomatoes which we just love especially squashed on toast lathered in butter and pepper. Shop bought tomatoes just don't compare!!!